MEDICAL DEVICES – QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 13485 Certification is a Quality Management System for the medical device industry where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to manufacture, procure, store and sell medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
Organizations can have multiple stages of lifecycle, including design and development, production, storage and distribution, installation, or servicing of a medical device and other associated activities (e.g. technical support).
In simple words, ISO 13485 standard is a combination of ISO 9001 requirements with an additional set of medical device requirements.
benefits of ISO 13485 CERTIFICATION TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Credibility – Increase access to bigger market worldwide with the certification
- Process Approach – Increase efficiency, cut costs and monitor supply chain effectiveness
- Quality Compliance – Demonstrate that you produce safer and more effective medical devices
- Customer Satisfaction – Meet regulatory requirements and customer expectations
- Employee Engagement – Better people involvement to identify best solutions for improving processes
- Business Excellence – Shorter lead times and better services through quality and process improvement initiatives
BENEFITS OF ISO 13485 CERTIFICATION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS?
- Provides management with a defined & efficient management process
- Responsibility across the organization to achieve the objective
- One of the criteria of a tender to qualify for some public sector work
- Positive atmosphere & builds confidence in internal staff & customers
- Identifies areas to improve & reduce iterations
- Metrics to reduce resources (Men, Money, Machine, Material & Method)
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement
- Marketing opportunities
- Improved customer retention and acquisition
- Globally recognized standard inviting for international opportunities
Who can get ISO 13485 certification?
ISO 13485:2016 standard is applicable to organizations regardless of their size and their type. Requirements that are specified as applicable to medical devices shall also be applicable equally to associated services.
Therefore, the standard is not only applicable to medical device manufacturers but also to supporting firms like subcontractors, stockists, suppliers and European Authorized Representatives.
ISO 13485 in Australia
ISO 13485 in Singapore
ISO 13485 in Maldives
ISO 13485 in Turkmenistan
ISO 13485 in Philippines
ISO 13485 in South Africa
ISO 13485 in Mauritius
ISO 13485 in Kenya
ISO 13485 in Ethiopia
ISO 13485 in Mozambique
ISO 13485 in Nigeria
ISO 13485 in Eqypt
ISO 13485 in Oman
ISO 13485 in Qatar
ISO 13485 in Bahrain
ISO 13485 in UAE
ISO 13485 in Saudi Arabia
ISO 13485 in Lebanon
ISO 13485 in Kuwait
ISO 13485 in USA
ISO 13485 in Canada
ISO 13485 in Europe
What are the requirements of ISO 13485:2016?
General Requirements – This includes required documents like Quality Manual, documented procedures and records
Management Responsibilities – Resource identification for MR and planning of QMS (Resource Management)
Product Realization – Major concepts of planning and creation of the product like Design Controls, Risk Management, Document Control and Records Management & Supplier Management will be addressed as part of requirements
Culture of Evaluation & Continual Improvement – These requirements include customer satisfaction, internal audits, dealing with non-conformities and corrective actions
These concepts are based on Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, which use the above-mentioned elements to implement, drive and maintain improvements within the processes.
What is ISO 9001 Certification?
A Quality Management System is a set of an interrelated or interacting elements that an organization uses to formulate its Quality Policies and Objectives and establishes processes needed to achieving them
How to get an iso certification?
Here we have tried to guide our readers on How to get an ISO Certification without much hassle. We have tried to cover the different aspects that are important during ISO Certifications.
What is Total Quality Management?
Total Quality Management (TQM) is a systematic approach for management to achieve long-term success through customer satisfaction. It includes customer focus and integration of quality for continuous improvement.
what are the benefits of iso certification?
Answers to the most asked question, What are the Benefits of ISO Certification? Understand steps on using your ISO certification for improved processes, your brand image and overall growth in revenue.