FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 22000:2018 is an international standard for Food Safety Management System. This helps in controlling hazards related to food. The Standard helps in control of overall food safety – from farm to fork. ISO 22000 Certification focuses on the risks associated with food safety. HACCP and Deming cycle are an integral part of this certification. The standard also uses Quality Management System approach to ensure safe food products and uses controlled food chain practices.
benefits OF iso 22000 CERTIFICATION to your organization
- Better Management of Risks – Reduced incidents and complication
- Resource Optimization – Internally and along the food chain
- Facilitated Market Growth – Increased reach in terms of customers
- Controlled Supplier or Vendor Management – Boost confidence of suppliers
- Continued Improvement – Enhanced system due to internal audits and better control of hazards
- Hazard Management – Identification, control measures, and reduced risks and impacts
- Covers other Management Systems – FSSC 22000, BRC requirements are achievable
- Equipped for regulatory changes – Basic compliance for various standards are achieved
- Promote international trade – Enhanced reach and recognition in the international market
- Competitive advantage in the market place with this certification.
benefits OF iso 22000 CERTIFICATION to your customers
- Trusted supplier – The supplier is stable and the supply chain is constant
- Regulatory Requirements – To ensure all regulatory requirements are met by the supplier
- Traceability – Ensures the supplier has good Supply Chain Management
- Safety – Safe and clean food. Any customer is assured of a safe and clean product
- Risk management – The risks related to food are managed appropriately by the supplier
What are the requirements of ISO 22000 certification?
- Understanding of Legal And Regulatory Requirements
Organizations in most countries need to achieve the legal and regulatory requirements of that particular country and also need to achieve international standards. Recognizing the requirements and achieving them is a critical aspect.
ISO 22000 in Australia
ISO 22000 in Singapore
ISO 22000 in Maldives
ISO 22000 in Turkmenistan
ISO 22000 in Philippines
ISO 22000 in South Africa
ISO 22000 in Mauritius
ISO 22000 in Kenya
ISO 22000 in Ethiopia
ISO 22000 in Mozambique
ISO 22000 in Nigeria
ISO 22000 in Eqypt
ISO 22000 in Oman
ISO 22000 in Qatar
ISO 22000 in Bahrain
ISO 22000 in UAE
ISO 22000 in Saudi Arabia
ISO 22000 in Lebanon
ISO 22000 in Kuwait
ISO 22000 in USA
ISO 22000 in Canada
ISO 22000 in Europe
The standard demands different approach towards leadership than the rest of the standards as recognition of HACCP team and its members and defining their roles and responsibilities is crucial.
- Risk Management
Risk analysis is based on HACCP studies conducted for the system. Hazard analysis is a critical part of the process. The conduction, responsibility, and improvement is a part of risk analysis.
- Hazard Analysis
The 7 principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points would be covered. HACCP case studies is very important to be performed. We would equip the organization by training employees who would contribute to standard implementation.
- PRP – Pre-Requistie Programs
PRPs are steps or programs designed for control of hazards. The identification and monitoring of implementing PRPs is very critical and we would deliver the same through trainings and verify its implementation in our HACCP trainings.
- OPRP – Operational Pre-Requistie Programs
The steps taken to control specific hazards are classified as OPRPs. It is esstinal for an organization to understand the type of control required and implement said control. The controls are based on risk calculation and hence we require to understand the risk calculation of hazards. HACCP training would include the identification and risk calculation required as a part of this.
- Critical Control Points
Critical Control Points are used to eliminate risks that are present in the food preparation cycle and the control points are decided upon the risk evaluation performed during HACCP evaluation.
Traceability is an important requirement of this certification. Product recall has to be performed by an organization and mock product recall has to be documented.
- Monitoring and Measuring
As the standard emphazises on process approach, each process would contain meaurable parameters that have to be considered. Regular updation of the system and documents is also a critical part of the standard.
- Internal Audits
Internal Audit is a management tool provided by ISO standards for the evaluation of the system; a mandatory requirement for FSMS.
What is ISO 9001 Certification?
A Quality Management System is a set of an interrelated or interacting elements that an organization uses to formulate its Quality Policies and Objectives and establishes processes needed to achieving them
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE)
The main objective of HSE is to prevent and reduce accidents, emergencies, and health issues at work, along with taking necessary measures to avoid any environmental damage that could result from work practices.
SIGNIFICANCE OF FOOD SAFETY
Food Safety Management System is a scientific approach in controlling and monitoring the hazards within a food business chain to make sure that the processed food is safe to consume.
How to get an iso certification?
Here we have tried to guide our readers on How to get an ISO Certification without much hassle. We have tried to cover the different aspects that are important during ISO Certifications.