Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for organizations that handle branded debit/credit cards from the major card schemes.
The PCI Standard is defined by the card brands and managed by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
What are the benefits of PCI DSS COMPLIANCE?
- Security improvement – Reduces the risk of data breaches
- Peace of mind for you and your customers
- Boost in customer confidence, thus better customer relationship
- Increasing profits through improved brand reputation
- Compliance helps avoid expensive fines
Who should get the PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI DSS compliance is a requirement to merchants and other organizations that store, process and/or transmit cardholder data.
Every payment card brand has recommended certain requirements for compliance validation and reporting.
To put in simple terms, PCI Compliance is required by companies using payments cards to make online transactions secure and protect them against identity theft.
What are the requirements of PCI DSS Compliance?
12 critical requirements as defined by PCI DSS as a set of security controls that organizations have to implement to protect debit and credit card data and comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
The specific requirements are defined and are managed by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council.
Major aspects of PCI DSS requirements are as follows:
- Build and maintain a Secure Network
- Install and have an updated firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Never use vendor-shared defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect Cardholder Data
- Secure stored cardholder data
- Cardholder data transmission must be encrypted across open, public networks
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Antivirus software must be regularly updated
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
PCI DSS in India
PCI DSS in Australia
PCI DSS in Singapore
PCI DSS in Maldives
PCI DSS in Philippines
PCI DSS in South Africa
PCI DSS in Mauritius
PCI DSS in Mozambique
PCI DSS in Nigeria
PCI DSS in Oman
PCI DSS in Qatar
PCI DSS in Bahrain
PCI DSS in UAE
PCI DSS in Saudi Arabia
PCI DSS in Lebanon
PCI DSS in Kuwait
PCI DSS in USA
PCI DSS in Canada
A system that defines specifications for information security, the basic framework of a set of policies, practices & procedures including regulatory requirements, physical, technical & administrative controls.
An EU law to protect and secure the data of all individual citizens in EEA, privacy, and security on their personal data. This was mainly introduced on processing personal data of the EEA region individuals.
Here we have tried to guide our readers on How to get an ISO Certification without much hassle. We have tried to cover the different aspects that are important during ISO Certifications.
What is VAPT, what are VAPT tools? What is the difference between VA and PT? How VAPT can be done internally, externally & by third party? What is black box VAPT, Grey box VAPT, and White box VAPT?