VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT AND PENETRATION TESTING
VAPT Certification is a technical approach to address security loopholes in the IT infrastructure of an organization (application, software system, network etc.). Vulnerability Assessment is a process of identifying with an objective not to miss any loopholes. Based on the observation of Vulnerability Assessment with regards to severity, a Penetration Test will be conducted. Penetration Test is a proof-of-concept approach to truly explore and exploit vulnerabilities. This method confirms whether or not the vulnerability actually exists and additionally proves that exploiting it may end up in injury to the application or network. The PT process is mostly intrusive and can actually cause damage to the systems; evidence of the same are captured as screenshots or logs, which further helps to aid remediation.
Process methodology would be:
- Scanning the network or application
- Searching for security flaws
- Exploiting the security flaws
- Report generation on risk, severity & probability
- Reassessing the system
- Final report
What is the methodology for VAPT certification?
- Goals & Objectives: Defines the objective of the assessment.
- Scope: Scope of the test to be defined & area of assessment to be clearly defined.
Three possible scopes exist:
- Black box testing: Testing from the external network without the knowledge of the internal networks & the system.
- Grey box testing: Testing can be done either by external or internal networks, with the knowledge on internal network and system. Grey box testing is a combination of a black box and white box.
- White box testing: Testing from the internal network with the knowledge of the internal network & the system.
- Information Gathering: Collection of information about the IT Infrastructure such as network, IP addresses, operating system versions, no. of users, applications used, etc.
- Vulnerability Detection: Vulnerability scanners used to identify the vulnerability of the IT Infrastructure.
- Information Analysis and Planning: Analysis of the identified vulnerabilities, to devise a plan for penetrating into the network and systems.
- Attack & Penetration: Exploit the identified vulnerabilities.
- Privilege Escalation: An attempt is made to increase the access using higher privileges, which includes root or administrative access to the system.
- Result Analysis & Reporting: Analysis of threats & determining the root cause analysis with suitable outcomes to ensure the security of the system.
- Clean up: It is an important step to revert any changes done during the assessment. Therefore, cleanup ensures that the files are restored back to the state they were before testing.
- Reassessing: Reassessment of the network & the system to check if everything is secure finally.
Who can get VAPT certification?
VAPT is a test conducted to discover threats in IT infrastructute of organizations by security experts. It is not only restricted to companies which work on software development; it is also applicable to companies working on customer data & dealing with the confidential data on systems where networks, applications, software, etc. are used.
VAPT in Australia
VAPT in Singapore
VAPT in Maldives
VAPT in Turkmenistan
VAPT in Philippines
VAPT in South Africa
VAPT in Mauritius
VAPT in Kenya
VAPT in Ethiopia
VAPT in Mozambique
VAPT in Nigeria
VAPT in Eqypt
VAPT in Oman
VAPT in Qatar
VAPT in Bahrain
VAPT in UAE
VAPT in Saudi Arabia
VAPT in Lebanon
VAPT in Kuwait
VAPT in USA
VAPT in Canada
VAPT in Europe
What are the Benefits of VAPT certification?
- Single document to present the technical strength of the organization
- Improving the organization technical security with the regular assessment
- A trust document towards the customers & prospective clients
- Helps in fixing a product’s security design issues
- Provides enterprises with a more comprehensive application evaluation than any single test alone
- Gives an organization a detailed view of the threats facing its applications, enabling the business to better protect its systems and data from malicious attacks.
- Vulnerabilities can be found in applications from third-party vendors and internally made software, but most of these flaws are easily fixed once found
- Protection from the loss of reputation & money
- Helps to comply with several security standards such as ISMS, PCI DSS, SOC, HITRUST etc.
A system that defines specifications for information security, the basic framework of a set of policies, practices & procedures including regulatory requirements, physical, technical & administrative controls.
An EU law to protect and secure the data of all individual citizens in EEA, privacy, and security on their personal data. This was mainly introduced on processing personal data of the EEA region individuals.
Here we have tried to guide our readers on How to get an ISO Certification without much hassle. We have tried to cover the different aspects that are important during ISO Certifications.
What is VAPT, what are VAPT tools? What is the difference between VA and PT? How VAPT can be done internally, externally & by third party? What is black box VAPT, Grey box VAPT, and White box VAPT?